Are you an exceptional designer who wants to be understood and recognized for your value but finds it hard to articulate "why you should care?" I do.
Are you exhausted with the amount of content on the internet? (ie. highly technical, long-form jargon with non-actionable takeaways?) I am.
How this weekly newsletter tries to help in 5 ways:
- 🍪 Bite sized stories that takes <5 min to read. My goal is to explain big ideas and complex topics in simple, actionable, and consumable language. (ie. research, frameworks, and principles). How will you know it will be easily read? I check against Flesch-Kincaid index.
- 🤑 Increased avg 261% ($62k) salaries of 8 mentees from 2021-2022. I've conducted over 137 hours of high-quality mentorship with 16 designers from Thinkful Bootcamp and ADPList. I lead with radical candor that shows a real change. I am vocally self-critical and believe in the power of vulnerability.
- 🎨 Give back more than take. I helped design the community from my live sessions and events with Adobe (40K video engagement). To scale, I am writing this newsletter in 2023 and holding office hours.
- 🤡 Millennial that doesn't suck in UI. I'm a generalist across multiple disciplines who worked in a variety of company types. In the last 18 years, I've worked in B2B and B2C companies, nine years each, ranging from early-stage startups to corporate Amazon. I've launched over 60 projects with 47 clients in sectors of technology, eCommerce, media entertainment, consumer products, finance, and government earning press recognition from Adobe, TechCrunch, and Huffington Post. See my portfolio.
- 🧮 Deeply analytical, empathetic driven. I diagnose problems by being data-informed and treat them with design. I heavily index on listening, understanding, and fact-checking sources to make calculated risks.
My focused topics:
Do you have a topic you'd like me to write about? Submit question.
- Communications (i.e., why writing matters?)
- Managing burnout (i.e., yourself and 360°)
- Career growth as a Designer in UI/UX, Product, and Visual
- North Star frameworks and input and out process for product and design
- Opportunities to drive sponsorship (i.e., frame design direction to high-stake audience) and shared vision to drive decision-making
- Life talks about the state of the industry - self-employment, agency, corporate FAANG
Can you support me in finding our voices in 2023? 🖨️ Please subscribe today, and Monday weekly content will be emailed to you.